We would like to thank members and donors of The DOT Charitable Foundation for their generosity in donating towards “Medical Aid 2022”. We have donated below medical equipment worth LKR 755,800.00 supplied by Nextgen Health Care to the Lady Ridgway Children’s Hospital Colombo.
- Mainstream Sensor – M2501A and Airway Adapter Set H-Et> 4.0 Mm
- Oesophageal/Rectal Temperature Probe (21076A)
The Items were handed over to Dr Manjula Hewageegana on 14th May by our representatives Denzil Rogers, Manjula Rogers and Prasanga Fonseka.
This meritorious deed will help save lives of many sick kids.
The DOT Charitable Foundation Inc. has donated LKR 251,371.00 worth 3,500 Clever Check Gluco Strips by Wesrone (PVT) Ltd to the Lady Ridgeway Children’s Hospital, Colombo.
The items were handed over to Dr. H S J Senapathi and Dr. Sawithri Dharmarathna on 5th May 2022 by our representatives Manjula Chrishantha and Prasanga Fonseka.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR GENEROUS DONATIONS TO The DOT Charitable Foundation.
The DOT Charitable Foundation Inc. has donated food hampers to 40 families living in a rural village in Trincomalee area. This village is situated 50 KM from the Trincomalee town. Each family has received a Rs. 2,060.00 worth food hamper which includes rice, sugar, dhal, flour, coconuts, biscuit packet, noodles, soap etc. The distribution took place on 25 September 2021.
Letter of appreciation
Pure Drinking Water Supply System to Ambagahawewa School Pihimbiyagollewa, Medawachchiya,
We have completed another great project using the funds generated by “Music Night” held on April 24th, 2021, by handing over a complete pure drinking water supply system to Ambagahawewa School in a rural village of Pihimbiyagollewa, Medawachchiya, Sri Lanka on 29th November 2021. This will be a priceless gift for the school as there are many chronic kidney disease (CKD) cases in this area due to water with very high metal content.
DOT installed a new 1000 liter water tank on the existing water tank tower of the school and installed a durable stainless-steel basin, taps, and tubes connected to the new tank. The total cost of the installation is Rs.168,011.00 out of which Sierra Construction Company of Sri Lanka who did the installation has donated Rs.65,757.00 worth of labour and materials.
DOT paid Rs.12,000.00 to Nildiya, a water purification community-based organization (CBO) for 12,000 liters of water. CBO will refill the tank using their water bowsers as per the school’s requirement and the DOT will continue to pay the cost of water until the school gets the commercial water supply.
DOT members would like to express their gratitude to the below individuals and the organizations for their immense support extended to this project in this very difficult period due to the COVID pandemic.
- Ven. Aludeniye Subodhi Thero of “Shraddha TV” – Sri Lanka, for communicating the school’s drinking water requirement to the DOT Foundation
- Mr. M M P Mahipala Bandara from Colombo, for coordinating all the organizations and individuals in Sri Lanka from the begging to the end of the project. (This project would not be possible without Mr. Bandara’s dedication)
- Project manager of Sierra Construction Company Mr. Madhura, for planning, designing and personally visiting the school with his team to do the installation
- Project Director of Sierra Construction Company Mr. Mahinda Siriwardana, for providing labour, transport, and some materials free of charge through Sierra Construction Company’s charity allocations.
- Mr. Dayan from Hayleys Group of companies, Mr. Aruna Shantha and present Manager of Nildiya CBO Ms. Geetha, for providing purified water at the concession rate of Rs. 1.00 per liter and agreed to transport free of charge.
- Mr. Kamal Thilakarathne, Mr. Uditha Rajapaksha, and their spouses from Colombo, for visiting the school representing DOT Foundation for the official handover ceremony and distributing water bottles and stationery among school children. (Rs.38000.00 worth of good quality water bottles donated by DOT Foundation and more than Rs.40000.00 worth of stationery donated by Mr. Mahipala Bandara and his friends)
- DOT supporters who helped and participated “Music Night” to generate much needed funds for the project.
The DOT Charitable Foundation Inc. has contributed AUD 2,150.00 ( LKR 253,424.00) to complete Nandasena’s house.
Nandasena is a father of three children and a casual labourer who lives in Karaliyedda, Gonaganthenna.
The dream of building a home was there from the day that they got married but their financial situation does not permit them. Nandasena managed to start building a small basic house from a cash donation from one of the doctors living overseas, but now struggling to complete it. His house is in very poor condition, and it is not at all suitable for the children to live in. Nandasena’s daughter has sent a letter to the DOT foundation requesting help to complete the house. She is asking for help since her father is not as physically fit as he was. Nandasena is also spending a good portion of his hard earning money on his wife’s medications who was blind. His second daughter has abandoned her education to look after her mother.
They need help to fix the doors and windows including frames, concrete, or any other suitable alternative for the floor and the electricity supply.
The DOT contribution will help to make their dream a reality.
Letter of appreciation
The DOT Charitable foundation has contributed AUD 1,215.00 to complete a house for I H M Jayasekara who lived in a small house without proper sanitary facilities and shelter, with his wife and two children.
He, his wife, and their 21 years old daughter are suffering from a disability condition. Only the five-year-old son is currently in good health. The family has no proper income and depends on the “Samurdhi” grants.